Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Making Friends

There are very few shy bones in Jack's body. He sees what he wants, then goes and gets it. We went walking last night past a neighbor's house and saw their beautiful swing and slide set. These new neighbors are wonderful. They have children who are Jack's age. Their kids said, "hi." Jack said, "hi." Then Jack started walking towards their swing set. Then Jack started playing with their tricycles. We were there for an hour.

Now, I'm the type of person who doesn't like to intrude on other people's plans, family time, etc., so I felt a little sheepish when Jack saw his new friends and decided that we needed to go play in their driveway tonight. I had wanted to take a walk but that paled in comparison to our neighbors' motorized kiddie car that looks like Grandpa's John Deere. If anyone has one of these they want to sell, please drop me a line. :) As for me, I need to find a way to get us past their house during an evening walk. I don't want to be pestering our neighbor every night.

No comments: