Saturday, April 17, 2010

Forever Family

Yesterday we celebrated the second anniversary of becoming parents. Two years ago, we received transfer of custody of Jack. That was the most incredible day of my life. And it truly was a celebration. Jack's birth mom and her grandparents were there. My parents were also there for us. I had never been in a courtroom before. I was nervous and close to tears the entire time. Of course, they were tears of joy. It had taken us all several months to get to that point and all those emotions were just bursting to get out. After our court session, I called work and told my boss, "I'm a mommy!"

Mike and I witnessed a miracle when Jack was born. There were so many elements that came together for his story, our story. First, an earthly angel reached out to us. Then we met the most beautiful young woman who loved her son so much, she wanted more for him, a mom and dad to love him. Everyday, we thank God for her beautiful soul and precious gift.

The song "These are Days" by 10,000 Maniacs was my theme song that year. Thank God for miracles.

These are days
These are the days you might fill
With laughter until you break
These days you might feel
A shaft of light
Make its way across your face
And when you do
Then you'll know how it was meant to be
See the signs and know their meaning
It's true
Then you'll know how it was meant to be
Hear the signs and know they're speaking
To you, to you

No comments: