Monday, June 7, 2010

My Saturday

Blogger was down last night so I wasn't able to post about my weekend. My weekend started early on Saturday morning. I never sleep very well when I know I have to get up early. It's like I'm afraid that my alarm won't go off. So, I woke up at 3:30 then headed to the university garage sale at 4:30. I volunteered as a cashier (loved it!) for two hours, then shopped until the items in my arms dropped. I was almost done shopping when a friend with insider information told me that organizers were going to drop everything to 1/2 off in a half hour. So, of course, I had to find even more to purchase in the time remaining. You may laugh, but I actually purchased the Twilight doll for $5. I couldn't believe that no one else purchased it. Other items included a couple of shirts, a jacket, bed sheet and pillow cases and some toys for Jack. I am very pleased with my purchases.

After that, I met Mike at the Lutheran Family Children Services for an adoption seminar. Even though we've been though a domestic adoption before, I found the seminar very interesting. We heard from birth parents, adoptive parents, adoptees and a foster parent. It was incredible and emotional at times.

Then we picked up Jack and headed to church. Jack stayed with his wonderful Aunt EE while we were at the adoption seminar. He had a blast. Guess who his favorite aunt is? We think EE bribed, tricked or brainwashed Jack into saying "EE!" We asked him that question all weekend long with the same answer each time. Of course, his other aunts are still in contention!

No comments: