Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cruisin'

He finally did it. 

My father has wanted to buy an old car for a very long time. I remember going along for a ride to Desoto, Mo. with my mom and brother Doug to check out an old car. I'm not sure which excited me the most during that trip: seeing the old car or meeting the owner whose last name was either Wilder or Ingalls. And yes, I found enough courage to ask the man if he was related to Laura Ingalls Wilder. He wasn't and I was bitterly disappointed. 
We took a short ride in dad's new car today. It's a beauty, a 1931 Plymouth.
It looks perfect on the gravel road, doesn't it? The car drives smooth. It's as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside.
The only thing I think the car is missing is a rumble seat in the back. Dad has looked at cars with those seats in the past.
We've teased dad that he now needs to drive in holiday parades, join a classic car club and even rent his car out for bridal photo shoots. Good idea, eh? Beep, beep!

No comments: