Monday, May 24, 2010

China/work update

It's been a while since I wrote about our China adoption. I sound like a broken record when family and friends ask about it. "One to two years," I tell them. This July marks four years since we were logged into China's adoption program. Some projections estimate that we'll receive Maggie Rose's referral next spring. If that's true, hopefully we'll travel before it's too hot (like now).

Our agency recommends that travelers receive the Hep A, Hep B and Typhoid vaccines. I'm done with the Hep A shots. I received my first Hep B shot today. After two more Hep B shots (ugh), I'll move on to Typhoid. Yippie! Not a big fan of shots but I do like to get stuff done and out of the way. It's a form of action that makes me feel like I'm being productive during this crazy, long wait.

We are officially moving our offices to the city's new building this week. I'm going to miss the natural light at the old bat cave. The folks I work with like it dark while I prefer lots of light. Supposedly, there are two light settings in the new place. I'm 100% positive our lights will be set to dark. Oh, well. I guess we're doing our part to save energy. There is very poor cell phone reception in the basement where we landed. Genius planning.

No comments: