Monday, October 27, 2008

Celebrating Adoption

Last week, Mike, Jack and I attended a book reading at Barnes and Noble. Luckily for us, our family photographer, Aunt EE, was there to take pictures. Although an employee read "Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born" and Arthur the Aardvark stopped by, Jack was more interested in food.That was the day I started feeling sick (head cold) so the next picture pretty much sums up the day. My nose was running; Jack was crying; it was the longest carousel ride ever. With my foggy condition, I did try to jump on the back of one of the animals, then somehow reason kicked in and I remembered that you actually have to be a child to ride. That's when we hopped on the sleigh.Oh, and a local reporter interviewed me for a November story. With my foggy head, I just kept saying that adoption is incredible, wonderful. I hope I did a good job representing the adoption community. I hope he doesn't make me look silly.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Email me a copy of the story when it comes out.

EE said...

I love that picture of you and Baby Jack on the carousel.
I didn't want to tell you, but your fly was unzipped during the entire interview.
(Just kidding)