Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Many Reaons I Love Jack


Green bean moustaches.

I love that when I tell him "no," he gives me a small smile, trying to guage if I'm serious. (I usually have to turn my face so I don't start laughing.)

I love his love for books. (I started reading to him when he was a baby, even if he was alseep on my lap. Jack's favorite book is Baby Einstein's "Good Night.")

I love that he peed in the bathtub tonight. (Normally, not a good thing, but we both broke into a laughing fit. My belly actually hurt. Jack loves to entertain people. Hopefully, he doesn't equate pee with laughs in the future.)

I love watching Jack explore his world around him. (He is into everything. Yet, the most simple thing, like a bottle lid, intrigues him.)

I love watching him grow into a young boy. (He practically ran down the hallway tonight when he heard his bath running.)

I love his aversion to socks. (When we arrive at daycare, he gives me a big grin because he rips off his socks as fast as he can when we hit the road.)

I love that he is becoming more affectionate. (Last night, he actually hugged my leg as I fed him fruit. We were enjoying dessert in the living room.)

I love that Jack eats two meals at night, his meal and mine.

I love that Jack thinks a head butt is a sign of love. (He likes to exchange head butts with Mike.)

There are many little and big things. Most of all, I just love Jack with an incredible, unconditional love. I love that I'm his momma.

1 comment:

EE said...

Love the tribute! He's one lucky dude to have you guys as parents!!!