Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Day at the Park

Or, 15 minutes. I'm trying to do things with Jack that I always said I would when I had children. So, we headed to the local park today. Jack loves the swings. He also zipped down a slide and "rode" a plane. Notice the missing shoe. It fell off when I took him out of the stroller.While we were at the park, a group of teens were sword fighting with foam that looked like wiffle bats. It was the perfect set-up for a CSI Midwest episode, starring the worst overactor ever, David Caruso as Horatio.Frank: (surveying the carnage) "Someone got hit hard Horatio."
Horatio: (looks up from carnage and slowly puts on his sunglasses) "Like a bat out of hell Frank, a bat out of hell."
Meanwhile, puppy love was in the air. There's nothing more romantic than a bat slinging couple, one dressed as a Renaissance harlot and the other in his western shirt and cowboy hat.

No comments: