Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin Jack Dawson

We braved the crowds and attended a popular pumpkin festival in a nearby town this morning. On the advice of a friend, we arrived early and still had to wait 15 to 20 minutes in line before parking. The population within this town's city limits is just a little over 100. That bumps up to thousands during this festival.
Jack had one break down because he was tired and hungry. After his crying subsided a little and he realized he was being fed, he calmed down and had a good time until it was time to go. Perfect timing because he crashed into his nap as soon as we got back on the road.

I saw a couple of girls from high school. It was wonderful to see Beth and Lynn. It's been a long time since I've seen some of my "old" classmates. Or, should I say classic?
I also saw Miss Lezlie dressed as a peacock with Safe Kids Columbia. They were handing out a safe Halloween guide. Currently, I'm working on a story promoting child safety around vehicles so I'd seen Lezlie last weekend too. It's a small world!
Shockingly, we didn't buy any pumpkins but mom has some at home so we're going to "steal" one. We did buy Jack a John Deere tractor made out of wood. We thought that would make Grandpa very proud.

6 comments:

EE said...

I thought about taking the little one out tomorrow, but will probably wait until Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure I'm ready for a breakdown in front of the masses;) Bigger boy= Bigger breakdown;)
Love the pumpkin pictures! Is that a picture with Mike's eyes open??????
Have fun this week!!!!

Adoption Momma said...

There was a picture with his eyes closed. I decided to be nice this time. :)

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, we were there today too. We had to brave the big lines and didn't get in until about 11 am, but Max loved it. Those pumpkins are HUGE and he climbed over all of them. I will have to tell you about our "hay ride" which is bound to make you laugh.
Jack is beautiful. I still really want to meet him. Wanna have a play date????

Adoption Momma said...

Jen,

I'm glad Max had a great time. The big pumpkins didn't make too much of an impression on Jack, except he thought they were great drums. Hay ride? I'm jealous. I forgot about that.

I would love to set up a play date. We may need to set it up for the beginning of November though. This month is crazy.

Love ya!

Unknown said...

I totally miss the pumpkin festival...what a blast! I'm so happy for the family memories you guys are making for yourselves and Jack!

EE said...

Hey! Is Baby Jack's birthday on Friday? I'll call you tomorrow!!!!