Monday, November 3, 2008

Finally...

Jack is officially our son in the eyes of the government. We took him to court this morning, swore on the Bible and now he's our little man. This day has been a year plus in the making and we're more than a little esctastic about it. The picture includes my mom, Guardian ad litem, Judge, our lawyer and social worker.

By the way, I've started listening to Christmas music and there are a couple of songs that are especially poignant. Jack was only two months old last Christmas and we weren't sure if we would be able to adopt him. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas" were bittersweet.

However, I never lost faith in God. I constantly told myself and others, almost as if to reassure myself, that God wouldn't lead us down this path unless it would lead to something wonderful. That turned out to be the case for us but I've known others who haven't had such happy endings and it pains me. They are in my thoughts tonight and I hope that their dreams of a family will soon be fulfilled.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yay! You totally deserve this day. I'm so happy for you. And I love the new holiday pics.

Jenn said...

Congratulations...I'm so happy for you guys! I know it's been a long road. You have so much to be thankful for this year!

The Alexanders said...

More tears! I am so happy for you!!! And Jack is such a lucky little man!

EE said...

Thanks for letting me be a part of the celebration!!!
Congratulations, Baby Jack is one lucky boy!!!