Saturday, November 8, 2008

Church Adventures with Jack

Church going with Jack is becoming more interesting. Tonight, he discovered the kneeler and proceeded to slip off of it once. He also wanted to go out into the aisle during mass.

Jack is never full. Mike and I spend the entire mass feeding him his puffies and milk. Half serious, half joking, I'd like to ask our priest if a child can receive communion at age 1. In John 6:35, Jesus describes himself as the bread of life who satisfies our spiritual hunger and thirst. It reads “Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.”

If we could just give Jack the Body of Christ before mass, he might make it through church without constantly stuffing his face. Wishful thinking. I guess he'll have to wait until his First Communion.

Jack is so funny. Even though I cringe when he gets a little boisterous (loud) in church, I sometimes can't keep a straight face. When the priest dismissed us in prayer tonight and said, "Go in peace to love and serve the Lord," Jack vigorously shook his head no. He cracks me up.

I hope everyone is keeping warm this weekend. Feels like winter is already here.

1 comment:

EE said...

Prader Willie:o
JK!!!!!