Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lesson Learned

About a week ago, on my way home, I found myself driving behind a neighborhood boy near our subdivision. He was on his scooter in the road. I was a little upset considering he wouldn't pull over so I was crawling at a slow speed when all I wanted to do was get my son home and feed him dinner. I think I was in a bad mood anyway. So, this is my public confession in an attempt to get this off my chest and somehow cleanse my dirty soul. I was behind another vehicle and when I pulled into our road, I honked, partly out of protest, partly because I think it's very dangerous for kids to be riding their toys in the middle of the streets. I've been behind a kid who has swerved back and forth on his little scooter like a motorcycle on a more traveled road.

Tonight, I was walking through the neighborhood and talking to some really nice ladies. I was so excited because I don't know many people in our subdivision. One asked about where I lived. Well, come to find out, it was the owner of the vehicle I was behind that night I honked. She also happens to be the mother of the kid who was on the scooter...the night I honked.

I've often said I could be a good snob if I had the money to justify it. However, I am poor and really need to start acting within my social strata.

So, lesson learned. I am the biotch of the neighborhood. It's official. Mike and I now need to move into a different hood so I can establish a better rep. I am an idiot! Serenity now!!

No comments: