Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I had high hopes today. This is the best time of year to be a kid. Free candy at Halloween, family get-togethers at Thanksgiving time and Jesus and Santa at Christmas. That little kid inside of me is just bursting to get out.I was really excited about decorating the house until I went to Wally World this morning and discovered that all their Halloween decorations were gone. Oh, you could still get costumes and the like, but fake tombstones, etc. were gone. Hello - it's still Halloween and they were already putting out their Christmas stuff. That will learn me next year. I'm always waiting for the day after Halloween sale. Well, apparently, you gotta go the day before.Anyway, I did find a cobweb and had already bought a ghost and cat sign years before so I made the house as mildly scary as possible.Jack's first trick-or-treat tonight!I had a lot of fun walking with our neighbors. They grilled hot dogs and their parents were there. One of their moms kept asking silly Halloween riddles. I'm horrible with riddles but it was so much fun. I would have loved to hang out with them more."Silly momma."(Trying to scarf down the last hot dog Jack and I shared so we could get down to serious Trick or Treating business.) Mike stayed behind and handed out candy.Some fun decorations from around the neighborhood.We did a pretty good job covering the subdivision. I grew up in a small town so you had to drive a few miles to gather a good booty. I think subdivisions were created for Halloween.

The cutest bumble bee ever!For the record, I've only stolen two pieces of candy from Jack's bucket, actually gum. And he just swallows gum so it's a good thing mom is intervening. Mike scolded me, but really, I put a lot of hard work into tonight. During the second half of our outing, I became Jack's personal assistant, so don't I deserve my share? 10%?I hope you had a fun Halloween!

No comments: