Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wiped Out

When was the last time I ever stayed up until 3 in the morning? Uh, never? Last night, the local police held a DWI checkpoint. I've been wanting to do a story about the DWI checkpoint/MADD for a while now and no one was available to shoot last night. So, I did. And it was interesting. I arrived before 11 and left a little before 3, the time the checkpoint ended. Most memorable moments - a police officer finding stashes of pot in a car, another police officer with two 1/4 filled bottles of whiskey he found in a car. I was a little nervous that people would be flipping me the bird but most were either too drunk to care or were trying to be nice and hope that would reflect on them as they tried to walk a straight line, test their balance, etc. One of the officers let me try the breathalyzer and it took me a few tries. You have to blow, blow, blow. After a long day, I just didn't have it in me. I eventually scored a perfect goose egg - what they call it when you don't have any alcohol in your system.

So, today has been fairly low key. I'm soooo tired. I'm looking forward to the upcoming three day weekend and more sleep. :)

No comments: