Saturday, August 15, 2009

Last Weekend in Review

Boy, it's been a crazy week. I was on sick leave more than I was at work. First, Jack had pink eye, then I had strep. Not sure if I've ever had strep before. I may have in the past and just thought it was a bad sore throat. But I think Jack and I are on the mend.

Last weekend, Mike and I took an infant/child/adult CPR/AED and first aid class, which consisted of six hours of class and a test at the end. Our instructor was very good. I had a little test taking anxiety which stems from the desire to always get a perfect score. Also, you had to get so many right in each of the sections in order to pass. I didn't get 100 but I was told that I had one of the highest scores in class. :) Mike? Well, he passed.Me with Manny and Candy Striper.

We attended my hometown's parish picnic where mom and I kicked back and had margaritas. Okay, only one a piece but they were kind of weak. Maybe it's a good thing they weren't strong!

It was hot! Poor Jack. He was hot and I didn't realize at the time that he was coming down with pink eye. We played fish pond. Jack scored an inflatable sword which we still haven't blown up yet. Oops.We then headed to my folk's home where we spent all afternoon in the nice cool air. Jack did go outside for a bit with "grampa" and a ride on the tractor.Classic Jack shot! (Mouth open, too close, too much flash) That boy loves kettle corn.

My niece put a baby in a wipes box and said that I could have her as no one wanted her. Sad. I believe all babies belong to someone. They are all wanted but if only it was that easy, that babies were so easily available for those who long to start a family or add a little munchkin. Kind of like babies who grow in gardens.

No comments: