Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekly Update

It's been an interesting week. Jack and I seem relatively healthy. But my brother and his wife found out last week that my nephew's brain lesion has grown a bit. They will meet with his doctor this week and discuss the next step. The next step will likely be surgery (they had wanted to wait until he was two). If the surgery doesn't clear up the entire lesion, then poor Garrett will be put on chemo. Let's just say we're praying a lot around here. The thing is, Garrett doesn't act sick. He is the awnriest little guy. So, since his seizure last year, it's been hard to believe that he has something foreign in his head.Jack's great grandpa on his birth mother's side had an accident last week. He suffered a broken leg and a few messed up vertebrae. We saw him Thursday night. Later that evening he had a heart attack and is back in ICU.

And my sister-in-law's grandma died last week. So, not only was she grieving the passing of her last grandparent, she was also dealing with the news that her son's lesion was growing. It's been a rough week for her. I remember when my sweet grandma passed away. I was at college and it was a bleak, grey day. I was out with friends and on the way back to the dorm, I wondered how grandma was doing. I came into my dorm room to find my mother and father, my mom wearing a grey sweat shirt. The passing of loved ones is so painful. As I told my sister-in-law, it just plain sucks.On a much, much lighter note, Jack is talking up a storm. He says things like, "Where it go?" The other night he rephrased what Mike said and we were like, who-ah. So cute! I love my little stink bug. He loves bubble baths!

No comments: