Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekend in Review

We had a lovely weekend. The weather wasn't bone chilling cold which meant we could all get out a little and actually enjoy ourselves. I rang the Salvation Army bell on Saturday night. I received a lot of return "Merry Christmases" so I hope that means a wonderful relaxing Christmas with family and friends. Whether we're doubly blessed with a White Christmas remains to be determined.

We went home to see my folks today. We watched 1st through 8th graders perform their holiday program in my hometown church. It was lovely. One of my favorite songs is, "On This Holy Mountain" and they did a beautiful job. They did so well that Jack just had to dance. Sweet moves.


One of the biggest joys for Jack was swinging at Grandpa and Grandma's house. He kept saying, "Harder," because he wanted me to push his swing higher. He's becoming a little dare devil.

And here's my niece and nephew playing "Dragon."

Jack looks a little scary on this next picture but it was too cute not to include. It's a classic "Say cheese!" picture.

I ended the evening by making pasta salad for a holiday luncheon tomorrow. Whoo-hoo! No leftovers.

No comments: