Sunday, June 28, 2009

Vacation Summary

Summing up the trip...

Jack did very well on three out of four planes. As far as I could tell, he didn't seem to have any pain in his ears from the pressure. It made me wonder how well Maggie will behave on a plane. Of course, our flights were pretty short, less than 2 hours each connection. So, you really can't compare a long flight to a short one and we have no idea how old Maggie will be when we receive our referral.

People are actually nice to you in airports when you look like your arms are going to fall off from lugging extra baby stuff and your stroller and baby look like they might get stuck in an elevator.

You can change a diaper in a plane bathroom...including a number two.

Going potty on a plane experiencing turbulence is not fun. Shake, shake, shake. Shake, shake, shake. Shake your booty. Shake it dry.

Traveling with extra support (mom) is super nice. It makes me wonder who I can sucker into going with us to China. I love you mom. Wink. Wink.

Driving during rush hour in Phoenix is not such a fun thing...especially with a child who is experiencing serious melt down in the back. Nothing would make him happy. Constant crying. We managed to get safely back to the condo thanks to mom and Mike's navigational skills.

Jack will flirt with any girl in any state. He just has that effect on the ladies.

I still get sea sick. Thank goodness for my aunt's dramamine.

I loved taking a vacation with my husband and son. When I went to Cabo San Lucas on a chamber trip a couple of winters ago, I kept thinking, I wish Mike and Jack were here. It was nice that we could all be together. It was also incredibly nice to hang out with my best girl friend, mom, during the trip.

No comments: