Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back Home

It's great to be home, although we had a wonderful time in Arizona. Here's the first part of the breakdown.

Saturday
Flew out of Kansas City which I prefer to St. LouisJack's first airplane!
Connecting flight in Dallas.
Arrived at the Phoenix airport (gained two hours) and checked into the condo.
Ate a quick dinner

Sunday
Found a church! (Fifteen minutes late)
Sailed Canyon Lake and survived thanks to Dramamine from my aunt.
Discovered that horny cacti have lots of arms (sign of reproduction)
Ate at a restaurant called Tortilla Factory, an overrated Mexican restaurant in Scottsdale.

Monday
Traveled from Mesa to Flagstaff
On the way, visited Montezuma's Castle, a Sinaguan (without water) tribe cliff dwelling. I was excited about seeing the dwelling but unfortunately there is no access to it.Visited Montezuma's Well.Sinaguan cliff dwelling at Montezuma's WellWild NativesThe Writing's On the WallPrehistoric Advertising
A fertile cactus?More shots at Montezuma's WellMike making out with a rockPrehistoric caution cone
Prehistoric irrigation canalMike found a hummingbird nestStanding tall

*I'll have to post more tomorrow. I'm exhausted. I hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

EE said...

I'm so glad that you all had a good time and made it home safely!
Love that first picture of Baby Jack & the plane.
I noticed that you are sporting some serious cleavage;)
Yeah, I'm jealous!!!