Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Maggie Rose's Quilt

When Mike and I began the China adoption process, I learned of a tradition among adoptive parents - the 100 Wishes Quilt. The quilt includes 100 different pieces of fabric, or in our case 130, from family and friends. Family members and friends also provide a wish for the child with a piece of the fabric to be placed in a scrapbook. That way, the recipient always knows who gave each wish and material.

With Maggie Rose's referral nearing, mom has been working hard to sew these blocks together and she has done an amazing job. I can't wait to go home this weekend and touch what I am seeing in these pictures. To me, quilts are a work of art. There is a lot of hard work and love invested in each one. And this one is for Maggie Rose. Isn't that beautiful!

No comments: