Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tonight's Shoot

I feel that I have one of the best jobs, at least for me. It suits me well. As I work on stories, I meet new people, travel within the community and learn new things. A recent story took me to a local swimming pool. Now, I've been in some interesting poses during interviews: kneeling on the floor, kneeling in a chair and bent over sideways. During one of the interviews tonight, I ended up laying on a kick board so I could be as close to the camera (which was laying on the ground) when I asked the questions. Never a dull moment. Well, maybe a few, but the shoot went well. My co-worker put the camera in a fish tank so she could get some shots in the pool. She's so brave, slipping into her swimsuit for the shoot. I was not so brave (white legs need shaver). However, tonight's shoot did require me to ask 20+ parents if we could shoot their children taking swim lessons. I sounded like a broken record as I made my rounds. But thanks to the parents' permission, we were able to shoot some great video.

No comments: