Sunday, April 20, 2008

Juno

Mike and I finally had the courage to watch this movie last week. I wasn’t sure what to expect. There was a lot of hype about this little “sleeper.” My review? This movie is quirky, fun and honest. I love it! One of my favorite scenes in the movie is at the hospital when Juno and her boyfriend are lying together. You can tell that Juno's emotional about her adoption decision but she and her boyfriend feel like their baby belongs to someone else. That’s how our birth mother felt and we are forever grateful for her selfless decision. I think people sometimes think that birth parents are selfish for giving their babies up for adoption, when, in reality, they give their babies more. Our birth mother loves Jack and she did what she thought was best. She is young and working on her degree. She is Jack's first mom and he will always know that. Jack's birth mom is smart and confident. I am excited to see what the future holds for her.

By the way, you know you're a parent when you don't see movies until they are released on DVD. I guess that could also mean that we're cheap. Hmm...

3 comments:

EE said...

Can't wait to see this movie...bought it this weekend, but have yet to watch it. Hopefully, we'll get to it tonight.

Amy said...

I'm so happy you got to see this movie. I need to buy it. And my girlfriends and I were just talking today about selfless it is to be able to give your baby up for adoption. I admire that so much!

Bunny said...

Hi Rosie,

It's darla... I'm so glad you liked this movie... I thought it was a really tender and honest portrayal. So, now are you ready to see Baby Mama with me and Monica? I love that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey...
Jack is the cutest little guy! Keep those adorable photos coming...