Monday, April 30, 2012

Too Close For Comfort

Recently, we've had several rounds of severe storms in the area. Last night, the lightning was flickering like a light bulb ready to burn out and the thunder was loud enough to make the house vibrate. Jack woke up and crawled into our bed. I was thirsty so I got up. As I walked down the hallway, I heard an eerie sound coming from Liam's bedroom. I located the culprit-a Leap Frog pad that kept repeating "Human Skeleton, Human Skeleton." Okay, creepy enough. I turned it off and proceeded to get some water. At that point, I heard a fire truck siren and saw flashing lights. They seemed really close. Holy cow, they were outside our house. And it wasn't alone. There were two other fire trucks, two police cars and an ambulance lining our street. I learned that our neighbor's house was struck by lightning and there was a small fire in the insulation. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

Wow, and to think it could have been us. I actually went to bed last night thinking- of all things - what would I do if there was an emergency and ran through the steps in my head before I fell asleep. These pics are as good as it gets at midnight.


No comments: