Monday, December 8, 2008

The Fine Line Between Candy and Laxatives

I knew I shouldn't do it. I just knew it. But I was craving chocolate at Hallmark today and decided to be more health conscious. So, I paid for the over-priced sugar free gummi bears. I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into them.

You see, I'm a huge gummi fan. (See my Thanksgiving post.) But I'd had my "run-in" with sugar free gummies in the past. During my one and only other encounter with the sweets, I scarfed down an entire bag before realizing what I had done. But that was a few years ago. Times have changed. Sugar free products are better. This time, I could handle it, or at least I thought I could.

You see, there's fine print on the back of this sugar free package. Look very closely and you'll see, "Excessive consumption may have a laxative effect on sensitive individuals." Apparently, I'm very sensitive because I swear I had less than 17, the recommended serving.

Let's just say I was very tense during a shoot I went on tonight. Laxatives anyone? Have a sweet day - my tush.

1 comment:

EE said...

But, will they help a person lose weight? If so, I'm all over it;)