Thursday, March 8, 2012

Work Stuff

Work has been crazy busy lately. It's a good thing I like my job so much.

Today, I discovered that I won an award for a video segment I produced on the local health department's STD clinic. It was one of my favorite stories from last year and featured a young woman who testified about living with HIV. Here is a link to the video. I think she is one of the bravest women I know.

I may be the new voice of the local city's 911 department, well, at least its answering machine service. I voiced a lot of messages today. I hope I never have a reason to find out if my voice is on the other line.

And, here's an example of weird timing. After a shoot today, I was turning off the studio lights when, as I turned off the last one, the fire alarm went off in the city building. Rationale told me that I didn't cause the alarm to go off but I think a late lunch and nutty long day added to my initial fears that I was at fault for forcing city staff into the cold.

So, let's just say it was a long day. Let's hope I have another productive one tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congratulations on your award! I watched your video. Good job. :)